A School Checklist
Getting ready to start school?
- Section 1003.22 of the 2004 Florida Statutes, requires that the district school board shall establish and enforce as policy that, prior to admittance to or attendance in a public school grades kindergarten through 12, or any other initial entrance into a Florida public school each child present or have on file with the school a certification of immunization for the prevention of those communicable diseases for which immunization is required by the Department of Health.
School Entrance Examination Requirements:
- Florida Statutes require that each student who is entitled to admittance to a Florida public school must present certification of a school entry physical examination performed within the twelve months before enrollment in school.
Some more important information for Parents of students entering school:
- If your child requires prescription medication during the school day, please provide the school with a medication authorization form (your school will provide you with one).
- Please inform the school of any special health care needs that your child may need at school.
- The school nurse is available on-site to assist you in planning your child's care during the school day.
- Please make sure that the school has current emergency contact numbers for your child.
- It is very important to review with your child the importance of good hygiene: good handwashing skills, avoid sharing combs, hairbrushes, hats or anything that comes in direct contact with hair.